For the Amsterdam University College (AUC) StudiJob is looking for a
Tutoring Assistant (12h p/w)
About the position
The Tutoring Assistant will take over a number of administrative tasks from the Senior Tutor, so that the Senior Tutor can focus on a range of projects. The Tutoring Assistant will also have the opportunity to help develop long-term solutions to streamlining these administrative processes, in liaison with other AUC staff members, in order to reduce the administrative burden for the Senior Tutor in the future.
The Senior Tutor coordinates the team of AUC tutors, who advise AUC students on their academic and career choices. The tutors and Senior Tutor are academic staff who also teach at AUC.
Responsibilities of the Tutoring Assistant will include:
- Maintaining an up-to-date overview of student disability accommodation requests and decisions;
- Coordinating logistical support for study accommodations;
- Reviewing and deciding on common TopDesk requests (course withdrawals/reductions, 7th semester requests, etc.) and bringing complicated or difficult cases to the Senior Tutor’s attention;
- Maintaining an up-to-date overview of requests handled via TopDesk (types of request, decisions);
- Maintaining an up-to-date overview of students on academic probation;
- Supporting the Senior Tutor in the compilation of dossiers and information for the BSA committee;
- Supporting the Senior Tutor in the maintenance of an up-to-date overview of tutors and tutees in the Student Information System, in liaison with the registrar;
- Supporting the Senior Tutor in the maintenance of up-to-date overview of tutoring capacity in AUC’s HR database, in liaison with the HR officer and Heads of Studies;
- Other administrative tasks as needed by the Senior Tutor.
Our ideal candidate
- Has affinity for process management;
- Is familiar with onderwijs- en examenregelingen (OER), called Academic Standards and Procedures at AUC;
- Has well-developed skills with MS Office and Excel in particular;
- Is familiar with or able to quickly learn ICT systems such as TopDesk (call management) and SIS (Student Information System);
- Has good organisational, communication, and time management skills, and the ability to work on a number of different projects at once.
Personal attributes required:
- Flexibility and enthusiasm;
- Ability to act with tact, diplomacy, discretion and respect for confidentiality and data privacy;
- Show initiative and be self-motivated;
- A preference for (and preferably experience with) working in a dynamic international academic environment;
- Motivated to contribute a positive impact on the tutoring system;
- Ability to work under time-pressure.
Period and salary
Our ideal candidate is available as soon as possible for a period of at least 12 months for 12 hours a week (exact working days can be discussed with the Senior Tutor and are flexible). The salary is dependent on experience (within salary scale 6 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities)
Are you interested?
Looking for a challenging position in an international environment for the coming year? Don’t hesitate to apply by sending an e-mail to Gijs@StudiJob.nl. If you have any questions, please send an e-mail or call 020 535 3462.