Management Assistant Diversity
The UvA community
The University of Amsterdam (UvA) is an intellectual community with over
30,000 students, 3,000 PhD researchers, and 6,000 staff members from 100 different nationalities. UvA’s mission is to educate tomorrow’s leaders, conduct cutting-edge research and translate research results into applications that can benefit society.
The University of Amsterdam is striving to become a place where staff and students feel at home, regardless of their individual backgrounds. We want everyone connected to the UvA to realize their full potential, and to use their unique personality, background and talents to enhance the identity of our university. The UvA Board acknowledges that much more can be done to promote equity, inclusion and diversity issues and currently a window of opportunity has opened. This includes the appointment of Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) Dr Anne de Graaf.
Job description Management Assistant Diversity
We are looking for a Management Assistant who can perform in and contribute to all departments of the Executive Staff. The main position will be to support and help manage the CDO team of four, as well as provide various administrative and coordinating services.
As management assistant you:
- manage the CDO calendar and deadlines;
- are responsible for systematically prioritizing and answering email correspondence in
Dutch as well as in English;
- manage the CDO Team website and mailbox;
- are the first point of contact for CDO Team, faculty diversity officers and Chief Diversity Officer;
- are responsible for answering and prioritizing requests;
- manage the CDO Team schedule and are responsible for the entire back office;
- organize occasional coffees, teas and lunches.
Requirements Management Assistant Diversity
We expect you to:
• be a Senior-level secretary;
- have excellent communication skills, verbal as well as written;
- be independent, able to work well in a team, self-disciplined, and discrete;
- be fluent in both Dutch and English;
- be experienced in organizing events;
- have excellent familiarity with MS Office and organizational systems;
- be able to work with Dropbox, and various social media;
- have affinity with diversity, inclusion and equity;
- be excited for contributing to a culture of change.
The initial temporary appointment will be for 32 to 38 hours per week until the end of the summer. Your hourly salary will range from €16,96 up to a maximum of €22,66 (salary scale 8, CLA Dutch Universities).
Note: Salary will be based on qualifications, expertise and on the number of years of professional experience. Furthermore, the hourly salary will be supplemented with 22% leave entitlements.
Are you immediately available, do you have an interest for diversity topics and are you familiar with the educational sector?
Please send your resume and motivation to Milan@StudiJob.nl
For more info you can contact us through 020 – 535 3461. Or send us a WhatsApp message via 06 149 676 79 (Only Whatsapp messages).